Thursday, October 15, 2009

First Movie Maker Course Review

Well the first round of Flip Case Study Participants finished their course last night. Roger received some excellent reviews and the teachers and their students all seem very excited to try some new and interesting lessons! Let's hope the next group has the same experience.

18 comments:

  1. This will be a great learning experience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope everyone is enjoying day 1 with their new Flip cameras as I am! I was looking for project ideas and found a site that could be helpful, so I thought I'd share with everyone. Enjoy! http://bit.ly/rwcKb

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am looking forward to Monday's class to see what creations you have to work with in MovieMaker. Here's a resource "Teaching With Video" that you might find interesting.

    Roger

    http://preview.tinyurl.com/yzm889m

    ReplyDelete
  4. Last week I filmed our T-NT pep rally. It was so much fun! The students were hilarious, and yours truly got a pie in the face! I don't know if I will add that to my movie! I can't wait until my English 9 students start acting out a play! This flip camera will be great to use. However, how many flips can I borrow from the Teacher's Center? Does anyone know?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I used this all week with projects the kids are working on...they and I love it. It is so much easier to bring their videos in and edit them! My middle school kids already made movie maker movies! Very User friendly!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am at training again. I have lots of video clips and look forward to making them into a movie.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I changed my name from OBX to Amy so now you will know who I am.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can't wait to get started. I have a whole lot of variety I have captured...can't wait to make some movies!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. My Pre-Kers are a bunch of hams! I love it and they love it! I can't wait to use it with my art students (K-8) they will give me a lot to work with!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looking forward to Wednesday's Session 2 -- I think Monday's session went well. Be sure to bring flash drives & collected video clips. Also, you might find it useful to have some of the handouts from Session 1.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am very excited to use the Flip camera in class. I've already begun recording (in class) and can't wait to learn how to make movies with these recordings!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The camera will be a wonderful extra tool to use in my classroom. I hope to help students actually see themselves and to see myself, then to be able to evaulate more effectively.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello,
    I am still getting used to the camera. It is very easy to use. In the past, my husband has purchased "idiot proof" cameras for me but I have not had much success capturing any type of visual images. This is the easiest by far. My husband is a professional photographer and he liked it too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Below is a link my teacher tube page. There are a few videos that my students created with the Flip cameras. They have had a great time so far!

    http://teachertube.com/viewProfile.php?user=maultd&ref=maultd

    ReplyDelete
  15. I filmed some of our dress rehearsal for our musical that is coming up. The musical is called "Working"! We open tonight! I showed some of the kids what they looked like from the audience point of view. I will probably make a movie out of the clips to show at the Drama banquet. I am also starting The Miracle Worker play with my 9th graders. It will be interesting to film the scenes they act out.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have some great movies made on my home computer. What I am having trouble with is viewing those movie maker videos at school. I've saved to a cd but when I go to open at school (I've tried more than 1 computer) it says disk error. I then tried emailing them to view and when you enlarge it, it is blurry. Has anyone successfully saved to a cd?

    ReplyDelete
  17. We have been busy at RBK. The camera was used to video our P.A.R.P closing activity which was converted to Movie Maker and is posted on our website, a P.E. lesson and a student teacher was able to gain some insights into their lesson. Looking to intergrate the camera into some reading lessons very soon.

    ReplyDelete